With the Middle East as a major focus of world interest this Atlas provides a clear context for analysis of key concerns, includes background topics, explores position of the Middle East in the world and profiles the constituent countries.
· Clearly and thematically organized sections covering the continuing importance of the Middle East, the background, fundamental concerns, the states and the crucial issues related to the area.
· Original maps integrated into the text, placing international issues and conflicts in their geographical contexts.
· Case studies and detailed analysis of each country, complete with relevant statistics and key facts.
· Coverage of fundamental considerations such as water shortage, the petroleum industry and conflicts and boundary issues.
· A comprehensive further reading section, enabling students to cover the topic in more depth.
A valuable introduction to undergraduate students of political science and Middle East studies and designed as a primary teaching aid for courses related to the Middle East in the areas of politics, history, geography, economics and military studies, this book is also an outstanding reference source for libraries and anyone interested in these fields.
The Middle East is a major focus of world interest. This atlas provides accessible, concisely written entries on the most important current issues in the Middle East, combining maps with their geopolitical background. Providing a clear context for analysis of key concerns, it includes background...
Published October 25th 2009 by Routledge