Now in its 27th edition, Spon's External Works and Landscape Price Book 2008 offers the only comprehensive source of information for detailed external works and landscape costs. It covers all the items to be found in hard and soft landscape contracts and forms an indispensable reference book for quantity surveyors, landscape architects, contractors and Local Authority managers – essential for compiling estimates, specifications, bills of quantities and works schedules – and no matter what the size of the project being undertaken. A full index and list of manufacturers and suppliers gives easy reference to all items.
This year’s edition continues the book’s completely new domain:
- The title "External Works and Landscape price book" reflects the growing amounts of hard-works and light civil engineering performed in the scope of a typical landscape contract.
- More emphasis is given to minor works or smaller projects or gardens.
- The minor works costs take into consideration the use of smaller machinery and slightly slower outputs than the major works, and the generally higher labour costs of a smaller workforce.
- And the following additional Measured Works items: Professional and amenity sports pitch construction; Costs of tender production; Additional operations in the excavation and filling section; Small unit concrete kerbs; A complete revision of the most commonly used landscape chemicals prices and applications; Ornamental trellises; Revision of the linear drainage section to encompass market leading products; Borehole drilling, irrigation sensors and an irrigation water recycling system
All the standard features that you expect from Spon’s External Works & Landscape are also included:
- Material and measured work prices covering contract items from preliminaries and site clearance and encompassing every external works activity with full breakdowns into labour, materials and other components.
- Detailed guidance on wage rates, landscape consultants’ fee scales.
- Extensive Approximate Estimates section for rapid spot estimating.
- Extensive coverage of soft landscape works; external construction work; playgrounds, sport and recreation work, etc
- Updated, free of charge, every four months – see enclosed card to register. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk
Buyers of this 2008 edition can make a FREE internet download of Spon’s External Works & Landscape price data, which will run to the end of 2008 and:
- Produce estimate and tender documents
- Generate priced or unpriced schedules
- access Spon’s Approximate Estimates rate data, as well as the Measured Works data
- Adjust rates and data and enter rogue items
- Export schedules into Excel
- View complete book ‘on screen’
- Carry out an index search
Other titles in the Spon’s Price Book Series
Spon’s Civil Engineering and Highway Works Price Book 2008
Spon’s Architects’ and Builders’ Price Book 2008
Spon’s Mechanical and Electrical Services Price Book 2008