The Political Economy of Privatization
Edited by Thomas Clarke, Christos Pitelis
Published June 29th 1995 by Routledge – 500 pages
In The Political Economy of Privatization the authors assess the success of privatization. The work is an international study of the extensive privatization, and the pressure towards privatization, in different parts of the world. The book includes:
* A study of the relationship between ownership and performance;
* An assessment of the importance of market structure and regulation;
* A discussion of privatization strategies within the public sector;
* Individual country case-studies, looking at the experience of different countries engaged in the contrasting approaches to privatization.
* A critical assessment of the much vaunted relationship between ownership and efficiency.
`For a comprehensive balance-sheet on the flight from public ownership, specialists should refer to The Political Economy of Privatization.' - New Statesman & Society
Thomas Clarke is Professor of Coporate Governance at Leeds Buusiness School, Leeds Metropolitan University.
Christos Pitelis is the Barclays Bank Lecturer in Industrial Organization & Corporate Strategy at the Judge Institute of Management Studies and Official Fellow in Economics at Queen's College ,University of Cambridge.