Ukrainian: A Comprehensive Grammar
By Ian Press, Stefan Pugh
Routledge – 1999 – 336 pages
Series: Routledge Comprehensive Grammars
Ukrainian: A Comprehensive Grammar is a complete reference guide to modern Ukrainian grammar.
The authors have consulted a great number of sources, in addition to a wide range of native speakers. The result is the first true reference grammar of Ukrainian to be published outside Ukraine, it will be the standard reference work for years to come.
The volume is organized to enable students of the language to find the information they seek quickly and easily, and to promote a thorough understanding of Ukrainian grammar. It presents the complexities of the language in a systematic and user-friendly form.
* detailed tables in each chapter for easy reference
* numerous examples throughout
* thorough descriptions of all parts of speech
* list of grammatical terms in English and Ukrainian
* complete descriptions of the word-formational processes of Ukrainian
* an overview of past and present changes in the language
* bibliography of works relating to Ukrainian
* full index.