Modern Spanish Grammar
A Practical Guide, 2nd Edition
Routledge – 2003 – 472 pages
Series: Modern Grammars
This new edition of the bestselling Modern Spanish Grammar: A Practical Guide is an innovative reference guide to Spanish, combining traditional and function-based grammar in a single volume.
The Grammar is divided into two parts. Part A covers traditional grammatical categories such as word order, nouns, verbs and adjectives. Part B is carefully organized around language functions and notions such as:
* Giving and seeking information
* Putting actions into context
* Expressing likes, dislikes and preferences
With a strong emphasis on contemporary usage, all grammar points and functions are richly illustrated with examples. Implementing feedback from users of the first edition of the grammar, this second edition now features:
* More functional items
* Clearer explanations and more accessible descriptors
* Greater emphasis on areas of particular difficulty for learners of Spanish, such as tense usage, ser and estar and the reflective.
This is the ideal reference grammar for learners of Spanish at all levels, from elementary to advanced. No prior knowledge of grammatical terminology is assumed and a glossary of grammatical terms is provided.