Did British Capitalism Breed Inequality?
Published November 3rd 2005 by Routledge – 288 pages
Series: Economic History
1. The issues
2. Real wages and standard of living
3. Earnings inequality, skill scarcity and the structure of pay
4. Income inequality
5. What drives inequality?
6. Disequilibrating factor demand: The industrialization bias
7. Equilibrating supply: men, machines and skills
8. Modeling inequality in a resource-scarce open economy
9. Fact or fiction?
10. Accounting for the Kuznets Curve, 1821-1911
11. Why was British growth so slow before the 1820s?
12. Inequality, industrialization and the standard of living during wartime: conjectures
13. Data, theory and debate