Inner City Regeneration
Routledge – 2006 – 208 pages
This book covers all the main aspects of government policy and practice in British inner city regeneration. Chapters deal with the development of policy, agencies for regeneration, housing, social issues. The UK edxperience is compared with that of other countries, particularly the USA, and past achievements and future prospects are considered.
This book was first published in 1982.
1. The development of inner city policy
2. The agencies for inner city regeneration
3. Planning and land issues
4. Economic regeneration
5. Improving the housing stock
6. Social provision
7. Four governmental experiments
8. Learning from overseas experience
9. A future for the inner city