AS Film Studies: The Essential Introduction gives students the confidence to tackle every part of the WJEC AS Level Film Studies course. The authors, who have wide ranging experience as teachers, examiners and authors, introduce students step by step, to the skills involved in the study of film. The second edition follows the new WJEC syllabus for 2008 teaching onwards and has a companion website with additional chapters and resources for students and teachers. Individual chapters address the following key areas, amongst others:
- British stars – Ewan McGregor
- genres – horror
- British production – Working Title
- social-political study – living with crime
- US film – Westerns
- film form
- the practical application of learning.
Specifically designed to be user friendly, the seond edition of AS Film Studies: The Essential Introduction has a new text design to make the book easy to follow, includes more than 100 colour photographs and is jam packed with features such as:
- case studies relevant to the 2008 specification
- activities on films like Little Miss Sunshine, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Descent
- key terms
- example exam questions
- suggestions for further reading and website resources.
Matched to the current WJEC specifciation, AS Film Studies: The Essential Introduction covers everything students need to study as part of the course.