International Research in Sports Biomechanics
Edited by Youlian Hong
Routledge – 2002 – 352 pages
This edited collection of papers presented at the 18th International Symposium of Biomechanics in Sport, highlights cutting-edge research material on sports biomechanics from many of the leading international academics in the field.
The thirty-seven chapters presented are divided into nine sections:
* biomechanics of fundamental human movement
* modelling, simulation and optimisation
* biomechanics of the neuro-musculo-skeletal system
* sports injuries, orthopaedics and rehabilitation
* the application of electromyography in movement studies
* biomechanical analysis of the internal load
* methods and instrumentation
* paediatric and geriatric exercise.
1. The Biomechanics of Fundamental Human Movement 2. Modelling, Stimulation, and Optimisation in Sport Biomechanics 3. Biomechanics of the Neuro-Skeletal System 4. Biomechanics of Sports Injuries, Orthopaedics, and rehabilitation 5. The Application of Electromyography in Movement Studies 6. Biomechanical Analysis of Tissue Load 7. Methods and Instrumentation in Sport Biomechanics 8. Biomechanics of Training 9. Biomechanics of Paediatric Exercise 10. Biomechanics of Martial Arts