European Union Legislation 2012-2013
By Jeff Kenner
Routledge – 2013 – 688 pages
Series: Routledge Student Statutes
‘Focused content, layout and price - Routledge competes and wins in relation to all of these factors’ - Craig Lind, University of Sussex, UK
‘The best value and best format books on the market.’ - Ed Bates, Southampton University, UK
Routledge Student Statutes present all the legislation students need in one easy-to-use volume. Developed in response to feedback from lecturers and students, this book offer a fully up-to-date, comprehensive, and clearly presented collection of legislation - ideal for LLB and GDL course and exam use.
Routledge Student Statutes are:
• Exam Friendly: un-annotated and conforming to exam regulations
• Tailored to fit your course: 80% of lecturers we surveyed agree that Routledge Student Statutes match their course and cover the relevant legislation
• Trustworthy: Routledge Student Statutes are compiled by subject experts, updated annually and have been developed to meet student needs through extensive market research
• Easy to use: a clear text design, comprehensive table of contents, multiple indexes and highlighted amendments to the law make these books the most student-friendly Statutes on the market Competitively Priced: Routledge Student Statutes offer content and usability rated as good or better than our major competitor, but at a more competitive price
• Supported by a Companion Website: presenting scenario questions for interpreting Statutes, annotated web links, and multiple-choice questions, these resources are designed to help students to be confident and prepared.
Treaties. Consolidated version of the Treaty on European Union, 2009. Consolidated version of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, 2009. Protocols, 2009. Tables of equivalences. Treaty on European Union. Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union. Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, as adapted in 2007. Provisions governing the institutions. a. The Court of Justice – procedural texts: Extracts from the Rules of Procedure of the Court of Justice (1991), as amended (effective from 13 April 2010). Court of Justice Information Note on references from national courts for a preliminary ruling, 2009. b. Presidency of the Council: European Council Decision of 1 December 2009 on the exercise of the Presidency of the Council. c. Implementing powers and law making: Council Decision 1999/468/EC laying down the procedures for the exercise of implementing powers conferred on the Commission, as amended; Declarations of the Council on Council Decision 1999/468/EC; Agreement between the European Parliament and the Commission on procedures for implementing Council Decision 1999/468/EC laying down the procedures for the exercise of implementing powers conferred on the Commission; Interinstitutional agreement of 16 December 2003 on better law-making. d. Access to documents: Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council regarding public access to European Parliament, Council and Commission documents; Interinstitutional agreement of 20 November 2002 between the European Parliament and the Council concerning access by the European Parliament to sensitive information of the Council in the field of security and defence policy. Internal Market.
Jeff Kenner is Professor of European Law at the University of Nottingham.