Get ahead! SURGERY
250 SBAS for Finals
CRC Press – 2009 – 240 pages
Series: Get ahead!
Get ahead! is a brand new essential revision series for medical and surgical finals. Each title contains practice questions similar to those you can expect in the real exam. The series stands out in its use of subject summaries that include all the detail you would need from a larger textbook - but we've waived the waffle! If you are looking for a comprehensive, reliable, effective revision aid, then look no further than Get ahead!
Features of Get ahead! SURGERY: 250 SBAs for Finals
- Covers the entire medical syllabus
- 250 SBA themes set out in practice papers
- Questions written in a similar style to the Medical Schools Council Assessment Alliance (MSC-AA) bank
- Includes harder stems suitable for students aiming for honours
- Full explanatory answers including succinct subject summaries
- Eponymous details and derivatives for added interest
- Also suitable for PLAB and MRCS candidates
The questions are in a modern format and the commentaries are timely and up to date. Recommended as a revision text in those anxious few months prior to medical finals.
Ulster Medical Journal, 2009; 78(3)
4 Stars: Great book, thorough and covers most basic surgery for finals
Well suited for those who want to make sure they know the basics for surgical written finals.
Registrar in Emergency Medicine, North Middlesex Hospital, London, UK
Academic Clinical Fellow in Vascular Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK