Combining impartial analysis with reliable facts and figures, this fully revised and updated 15th edition provides up-to-date commentary on these vast North American nations.
New for 2013:
- new essays examining US-Canadian integration, the USA vs China in the global economy and US defence policy
- analysis of the major political and economic developments in the region over the past year
Essays by leading experts analyze topics of regional importance, including: climate change, immigration, the media, and the North American energy market.
Each country is dealt with in greater detail within its own section. Country chapters include:
- a chronology of political events
- essays covering key socio-political and economic themes, including: Recent Political Developments; Foreign Affairs; Constitution; Energy Policy; Economic Overview; Agriculture; Trade; Health and Social Policy
- additional essay topics, including: US Defence Policy; the Role of Religion in US Politics; the USA and the Global Financial Crisis; Aboriginal Peoples in Canada
- historical, political and economic surveys of the US states and Canadian provinces and territories
- statistical surveys of economic and demographic indicators
- detailed information on selected organizations, prominent figures and research institutes active in the region.