RIBA Standard Agreement 2010 (2012 Revision): Consultant (Pack of 10)
RIBA Publishing – 2012
The RIBA Standard Agreement 2010 (2012 revision): Consultant has been rigorously checked for legal accuracy. Formally recommended by the RIBA and readily tailored to the needs of specific projects, it presents a secure contract document for the appointment of architects. Pack contains:
- Conditions of Appointment for a Consultant: designed to create a fair balance of risk between the consultant and the client, it sets out the obligations of the parties. It is particularly suitable for multi-disciplinary teams so that all consultants are on the same terms.
- Schedules: Project Data; Services; Fees and Expenses:
- Project Data: essential, this component is used for recording project-specific details such as the amount of PI Insurance
- Services -Role Specifications, Design and Other Services. Comprises three parts: Role Specification, defining the responsibilities; Design Services, compatible with the RIBA Outline Plan of Work 2007 and suitable for use for designers in any profession; and Other Services: a facility for tailoring the agreement to the Project. It can be replaced or added to by electronic schedules available from www.ribabookshops.com/agreements
- Fees and Expenses: optional, it can be used with any of the RIBA Agreements 2010 (2012 revision).
- Memorandum of Agreement for the Appointment of an Architect: a formal method of agreeing the contract.
- Notes: Part 1 Notes on Use and Completion; Part 2 Model Letter: the model letter can be used instead of the Memorandum of Agreement, particularly for a domestic client.