Welcome to the companion website for Practical Phonetics and Phonology, 3rd edition. Here you’ll find a stimulating range of materials designed to supplement and enhance the scope of the text.
- keys to the activity exercises and transcriptions that are in the book
- a number of additional exercises (with keys) including a number of extra passages for transcription practice
- an interactive flashcard glossary resource to test students’ knowledge of essential terminology
- free audio files with native speakers providing illustrative examples of the consonants and vowels of languages discussed in the book: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish and Japanese
- useful links to valuable resources available on the world wide web
This new website for the 3rd edition of Practical Phonetics and Phonology has been carefully structured for ease of access. The focus on practical applications will not only increase your understanding of the key concepts and techniques needed for a study of phonetics and phonology, but also show how this knowledge can be applied in all sorts of ways to the study of language. Students and lecturers alike will find it a most useful additional resource.
We hope that that you’ll enjoy using the website.