This new edition of Fundamentals of Developmental Psychology: 2nd Edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect the exciting new findings in the thriving area of developmental psychology.
The book addresses a number of fascinating questions including:
- Are children born good or bad?
- What do children understand about the mind?
- What roles do nature and nurture play in child development?
As in the previous edition, the book follows a thematic approach and outlines the main areas of developmental psychology, including classic theories and studies, and offers a broad overview of contemporary research in the field. Each chapter addresses a key topic – such as theory of mind, attachment, and moral development – and is self-contained and comprehensive in its coverage. New chapters in this edition include a detailed look at methods in developmental psychology, an overview of developmental disorders, and an introduction to the burgeoning area of numerical development.
This companion website provides the following supplementary materials to accompany the book:
- Quizzes to test your understanding of the text
- A comprehensive glossary of key terms used in the book
- A PowerPoint presentation for each chapter, which can be used to support lectures. These presentations clearly summarise the material for each chapter and are illustrated with diagrams from the book
- A testbank of multiple-choice questions